Proton Waja - Galaxy Grey - Transforming daily driven car to show room condition

Thought of sharing some work done on my car. The last full detail was on Oct 08; till today, its only washed and coupled with regular waxing every 2 weeks or so. The paint is not perfect. No major swirls but only odd random light scratches and the unavoidable water spots.

Since the workers doing the renovation took some time off to go deep sea fishing, I took the chance to clean my car.

So here goes.

Washing Stage:

Started by washing the engine bay.

Tools & Products used:

Pressure Washer
Air Compressor
Demoted MFs
Terry Towels
Numerous brushes

Osren APC (I ran out of Megs APC )
D151 to do general cleaning
HyperDressing on rubber/plastic parts
M40 on seals around the engine bay
NXT All Metal Cleaner for chrome bits

Before Pictures:






















After Shots























After I've settled the engine part, I moved on to washing and sealing. Products and Tools Used:

Washing
Pressure Washer
Various Brushes
Air Compressor
Meguair's MF wash mitt
Pair of Buckets with GG
Megs Water Magnets
Megs Supreme Shine
ADS Green
Demoted MFs
Terry Towels
Megs Yellow App Pad


HyperWash
Osren APC (prewash)
Detailer Line - Glass Cleaner
IPA 50/50 for body and wheels
M40 for tires, cowl and other exterior plastic
HyperDressing on wells and undercarriage
Fk1000P on body and wheels
FK425 for final wipedown
NXT All Metal Polish for tail pipe
RainX on all windows and front head lights

Sorry I did not took any befores. I only took during and after shots.


During shots (RainX and FK1000P curing)











After wiping off all sealants.

















Wheels needs a major refurb which I have delayed for more then 8 months LOL!




Woke up early and took some sun shots before going off to work.












Rear Passenger Door




Rear Bonnet








Front Hood













edit: I only did a wipedown on the interior vinyls. 303 Fabric Guard on the fabric seats and fabric inserts on the doors. Did not took any good pictures on them.

I might have missed out some tools or products used so I apologize for that.


Thanks for viewing and comments and/or suggestions are welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. clean waja and nice wheels you got there, what are those like 18 inch?

    ReplyDelete

Please type your comments here. *Thank you*